Executive Assistant / Office Manager
Berkeley Earth is looking for a part time executive assistant / office manager.
The hours for this position are flexible -- in our office for one afternoon per week (any afternoon except Tuesday), and work from a home office for a few hours per day on other days. Total hours should be approximately 8-10 per week. There is the option of increasing hours with time if funds and work are available.
Responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Assisting directors with scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, etc.
- Keeping track of important tasks and deadlines
- Completing simple paperwork related to federal and state non-profit status
- Making sure our office is in order, ordering office supplies, etc.
- Keeping track of hours, schedules, and invoices for interns and contractors
- Setting up a simple filing system
- Other tasks as requested by the directors
- Previous experience as a personal/executive assistant and/or office manager
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong familiarity with and intermediate skill using office productivity applications (Microsoft Office suite, etc.)
- A reliable home office setup and your own laptop
- A can-do attitude, and strong sense of ownership for projects
- Excellent initiative - bring us solutions as well as defining the problem
- Passion for contributing to climate science and global warming solutions
Pay for this position will begin at $12/hour. There will be a review after three months to confirm fit for the position and organization. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to jobs @ berkeleyearth.org. Please include the word ADMIN and your last name in the Subject line of your email. In your cover letter, tell us 1) why you are passionate about the art and science of supporting executives well, and 2) why you would be the best candidate to fill this position.